Web Application Developer
Boston | United States
Bamboo Rose is seeking a Web Application Developer to add to our growing team. Working on the creation of a cutting edge platform using Java technologies, you will have the opportunity to work for a global organization in an office with an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
With an employee-focused, results-oriented work environment, we are committed to empowering our employees with the environment, autonomy, and resources necessary to succeed. As an employee at a firm experiencing significant growth, the Web Application Developer will have significant opportunities for professional advancement as the company grows.
As a Developer, you will be responsible for building scalable web applications that are easy to use and maintain. You will be involved in finalizing product functional specifications, assembling technical specs and design documents, building applications, and implementing solutions. The ideal candidate will be familiar with all stages of the software development life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team members to design, develop, implement, troubleshoot, support, and enhance applications according to specifications and best practices
- Develop and support projects by triaging problems, troubleshooting performance bottlenecks, and implementing and/or suggesting alternatives, fixes, or workarounds
- Assist with maintenance and enhancement of documentation for company best practices, policies, and procedures
- Manage, lead, or contribute to various sub-projects
- 3 + years hands-on development experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Web application development experience
- Experience working with Java-based applications. (i.e., integrating work on the front end with existing/separate Java development)
- Strong working knowledge of Java
- Strong understanding of CSS and its usage across all commonly used browsers
- Basic understanding of JSPs and how they work to provide data for page rendering
- Strong working knowledge of OOP design concepts and best practices
- A dedication to teamwork and the delivery of quality applications